Friday, October 1, 2010

October Change

Happy October! Wow, October already? A new month is the perfect time to make a new change, I think. Inspired by my friend Taryn, who is doing One Thing, One Month to lighten her impact on the Earth, I will too. For the month of October, I will not buy anything new (except food and toiletries). Last year, we made a pact with friends that we would not buy anything new for one solid year. Well, that amount of time was just too long and I failed. However, I did significantly decrease the amount of stuff I bought. I also donated at least 5 things every time I bought something new, so I also got rid of a whole lot of stuff we didn't need.

What will you do?

4 comments:

  1. I am phasing out all plastic containers (recycling or gifting them with stuff in them to friends who will reuse). I am also washing all plastic storage bags until they are leaking (unless they have raw meat in them)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ripple has continued. I shall also join in that wave of conscious implementations to better myself and my direct environment! Thanks for the influence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! This month I am working on MAKING gifts for holidays and will continue to buy local. Great idea ladies!

    ReplyDelete