Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Blanket of Love




I run a small preschool in my home and one of the many things I love about doing it, is getting to know and befriend all the parents. This past year, when Elizabeth, one of the moms, came to visit the school to check it out for her son, we instantly had a connection. You know those people you meet and within about one minute you know you will be friends? That's how it was with us. Over the school year I watched her cancer come back, and ultimately, take her away. Because of the birth of my new baby, I closed the school for the summer, so her son, Benjamin has not been back since she passed. I would like him and his sister to how much their mom meant to me and how loved they are. Thus, the blanket of love.

The blankets will be made from 56 knit (or crocheted) 6"x6" squares. I'd like to make Elizabeth's son, Benjamin's blanket in creams, blues, and greens and Nora's, Elizabeth's daughter, in creams, reds and pinks. It would be lovely to have the squares knit in natural fibers. If you would like to add a note with your squares, I will put them all together and give them to the children with their blankets.

If you would like to participate and knit a square or two (or as many as you like), please email me and I will send you my address so you can send me the squares.

Thank you for taking the time to help some sweet children feel loved.

5 comments:

  1. You can count me in... If you can tell me how to get your badge onto my blog (I always have so much trouble with it!) I can help you spread the word! How thoughtful of you.... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that your friend passed away. My heart is sad for her children and family and friends that loved her, like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Win

    I have two done and counting. Can you give me Elizabeth's initials. I would like to make one for each of the kids with their mom's initials in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to help too. I crochet much more quickly than I knit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. crocheting is great!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete