Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Waiting Game



The changing table is set up, the clothes and diapers are washed and put away, the birth tub is set up...now all we need is the baby! And so begins the waiting game. My due date is nine days away, but surely this baby will come early? That's what I want to believe, though I'm sure I'm jinxing myself just typing that. Aoife was nine days late, but Aoife was born in the winter. Surely this baby will take pity on me being so gigantically pregnant in the middle of summer? Here's hoping! In the meantime, we will rest and continue to prepare and read Aoife yet another book about being a big sister!

1 comment:

  1. Berry happy to ready what you picked for today. And you're picture perfect! Aoife will soon lose her position as your youngest child; new responsibilities loom!

    Maybe if you just get into the tub and wait, it will all happen on autopilot. You, Paul and Aoife can eat strawberry, "firecrackers" and enjoy the moment. Baby Gaga will be there before you can say August!

    Glad you went to the fair and even happier the artist discerned that the baby is headed in the right direction (out). We're thinking of you all here in frigid Denver. I can't wait to see the coming pictures of Fa'r Smith!

    Love - GoDaddy

    ReplyDelete